Sunday, July 20, 2008

Ever Changing Journey

I recently attended the Eco Broker Conference in Denver, Colorado. Held at the beautiful Colorado Convention Center, and conveniently located about 3 blocks from my sister's new condo, the conference was packed with ideas to help out our environment and how it relates to real estate. I really appreciated the large spectrum of topics; from how we run our business in an eco-groovy manner to understanding building products that help reduce waste and energy consumption. Also addressed, was the issue of housing affordability and how we can help low-income housing reduce energy consumption since they are the most dramatically affected.
I learned about programs and web links that connect government programs with real estate that encourage greenovation renovation projects through grants and loan programs. I heard from a panel of lenders that have "eco-friendly" loan products, designed with net-zero energy projects in mind.
I am super excited (I know, I know...but this is an appropriate use for the word...) about the changes I will be making to my own business to try to keep up with this green trend, and all the potential ways I see benefits to my business and to venues to sell my listings and keep my precious, wonderful clients updated about current trends, and real estate information.
The stats about web traffic and the use of the web versus online print and where business is researching and coming from is staggering. A year ago, I couldn't imagine life without a cell phone...now, I am texting and blogging...blogging...a new path in the tech journey....ok, so it's not so new, but it took some time, and the conference, to point out what a fabulous venue this is to connect with more people in the world...and anyone who knows me, knows I love people...communicating with people about their dreams and desires with regards to real estate and then helping them get there...so the idea of such a cool place with mixed media, where I can express myself and my interest in real estate, combined with the added bonus that no paper is needed, (remember, I just got back from and Eco-Broker conference....)seemed like a no-brainer to try out this format.
I look forward to input and comments from fans, clients, and other people interested in housing (which is a very large population....)and seeing where this journey of blogging will take us.

No comments: